Thursday, April 23, 2015 | 10:33 AM
Posted by Saurabh Gupta, Product Manager
Originally posted to Google Developers blog
Back in 2014, we introduced add-ons for Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms in developer preview. Since then, the developer community has built a wide variety of features to help millions of Docs, Sheets and Forms users become more productive. Over the last few months, we launched a number of developer-friendly features that made it easier to build, test, deploy and distribute add-ons. Some key capabilities include:
- Ability to publish add-ons in Google Apps Marketplace
- Ability to bundle your add-on with existing Apps Marketplace listing
- Availability of Apps Script triggers in add-ons
- Testing tools for add-ons
- Using standalone scripts to publish add-ons
- Option to use your own Google Developers console project
- Iframe sandbox mode for faster UI
With these features under our belt, we are ready to graduate add-ons out of developer preview. Starting today, any developer can publish an add-on. To ensure users find the best tools for them, every new add-on will undergo a review for adherence to our guidelines before it’s available in the add-ons store.
We can’t wait to see what you will build!